Eating an orange isn’t the only way to get your daily dose of Vitamin C.
There are many other vitamin-packed fruits & vegetables high in vitamin C. Red & green peppers, kiwi, broccoli, strawberries & brussel sprouts are just a few of these foods high in vitamin C. You can also try our vitamin C pops as well, of course, for a vitamin C infused treat.
Here are some other quick & easy vitamin C-packed, on-the-go snack suggestions for you & your kids:
- Clementines: Great for a snack on-the-go. Just make sure to buy ones that are seedless.
- Baby Peppers: Buy them by the bag, cut them up and voila. For picky eaters, try bringing along some organic ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Sweet, juicy & bite size. Or cut them up if you’re little one isn’t a great chewer (although this may be a bit messy for the car).
- Green Peas: Throw a handful of frozen peas in a ziplock in your bag. By the time you’re ready to eat them, they will have thawed. Or zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds before you hit the road.
- Strawberries: If you have time, slice some up for easy eating on the road. Otherwise, take them with you whole; they’re perfectly bite (or two) sized for you and your little ones.
Also suggested: 3 natural ways to fight your kids cold & why you should try honey for your kids cough
About the Author